What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is an international standard that specifies requirements for an Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.
The intended outcomes of an OH&S management system include:
- Continual improvement of OH&S performance
- Fulfilment of legal requirements and other requirements
- Achievement of OH&S objectives
Why ISO 45001 certification?
An effective OH&S management system will assure interested parties of the company’s OH&S performance and proper control of OH&S risks; minimise risk of injury; increase business productivity and achieve cost savings whilst having a positive impact on your company’s image. In addition, it provides a framework to ensure compliance with relevant legal and other requirements.
Benefits to you:
- Create and enhance a healthy and safe working environment
- Enhance company image and brand reputation
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety towards company’s stakeholders and your employees
- Minimize injury risks to employees and liability claims against employers
- Increase productivity and reduce insurance premiums
Benefits to your customers:
- Working with a trustworthy company who has health and safety at heart
- Reduced risk of liability claims
- Ensure compliance with the legal and other requirements
Benefits to your staff:
- Safer work environment due to risk reduction
- Improve staff morale knowing that the company cares about them